While you may love your home too much to see it change, there are a few tricks that can help you gain numerous benefits without having to change the entire appearance of your beloved abode. Replacing your home’s windows can enhance your home’s appearance, increase comfort and calm, decrease energy costs and allow in more natural light, apart from offering higher safety.
Here are a few reasons as to why you need to call a Replacement Window Contractor in Dallas, TX today. After all, replacement windows are set to give you advantages that you were being deprived of.
- Better Energy Efficiency – Most of the original windows in older homes have single-pane glass. These can often freeze open and shut and feel icy cold to touch. With the heating costs increasing, replacing drafty old windows with tight-fitting, efficient windows can show positive results on your energy bills. The right replacement windows can provide standard insulating features like heat-reflecting low-E coatings and also argon gas in between panes so you save 10-25 per cent on heating & cooling costs each year.
- Noise Reduction – If you live near a school, child care center, busy street or an airport, noise levels can be annoyingly high in your house. Replace your windows with a dual-pane or laminated glass to reduce the outdoor noise transmission into the house.
- Protection of Belongings – With high exposure to sunlight, ultraviolet rays that enter through patio doors and windows may lead to fading of wooden flooring, furniture, window treatments, artwork and carpet. Upgrade your windows to energy efficient products to potentially decrease fading and lengthen the life of your belongings. Replacement windows can block up to 95 per cent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and prevent fading.
- Eliminates the Requirement for Storm Windows – The yearly ritual of installing storm windows can be time-consuming and daunting, especially for the multi-level houses. Fortunately, the energy efficiency of replacement windows removes the need for installing and removing storm windows.
- Keeps the Weather Outside – Weather conditions outside the house should not appear inside. Inefficient windows may leak, letting water trickle into the house both in front and behind the walls. This is a common cause for mildew and mold in houses. Also, aging windows often lead to air leakage, resulting in higher energy bills during peak cooling or heating months.
These are some of the most common ways to identify when and if your home window will need a roof replacement. Call a Replacement Window Contractor in Dallas, TX today now.